‘Personal information’ means any information that is capable of identifying you.
‘We’ means Physio Clinic London.
We collect and process data because we have a legal obligation to do so and it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- We collect and process information when you telephone the clinic to make an enquiry or appointment, when you email us or text us or if you visit the clinic in person.
At the point of enquiry or booking we may ask you for:
- Your name
- your date of birth
- your address
- your telephone number, either landline or mobile or both
- your e-mail address
At your appointment at the clinic, we will ask for information regarding your general health, your previous health and information regarding the condition you are seeing advice about.
We will also ask for information regarding any activities you undertake, your employment and any medication you take.
We will also record the findings of a physical examination.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping. To provide a legal record of any treatment or advice we provide and to ensure continuity of care. We use electronic records that are hosted by a third party (Evernote) or handwritten notes that are stored in a locked fire proof cabinet. All information is kept electronically in a file that directly relates to your episode of care.
- Liaising with other medical professionals and colleagues regarding your needs. We may pass information with your permission (verbal or written) to other medical professionals who may be involved in your care; this may include GPs, consultants, occupational health departments or other Health and Care Professions.
- To contact you in regard to your ongoing treatment including sending exercises by e-mail. We use a third party for this service (PhysioTools)
- We may use the information to improve our products and services and to contact you if new information or treatments become available that may be of benefit to you.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may use your information for quality feedback purposes.
- We may use your information for audit purposes.
We do not pass on your information for commercial purposes.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our information is kept up to date and rectified if necessary. It is also your responsibility to inform us if any personal information changes. You can do so by contacting the clinic and providing this in writing.
Disclosure of your Information
We may pass information with your permission to other medical professionals who may be involved in your care; this may include GPs, consultants, occupational health departments or other Health and Care Professions.
This information may be passed on in the form of a written letter which may be given to you – if this is the case, the letter becomes your responsibility and the protection of its contents is your responsibility.
If the information is passed electronically by email, it will be password protected and we will take all reasonable precautions to transmit the information securely.
Any personal Data you submit through the website will be retained by Physio Clinic London for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the website.
We have a legal obligation to retain records for 8 years after the conclusion of treatment which are then destroyed. Hard copies are kept in a locked fire proof cabinet and digital notes are kept securely. If the record relates to a child or young person, the records must be kept until the patient’s 25th birthday or 8 years after death.
We may retain electronic records indefinitely for use if you return for another episode of care and for analytical purposes.
Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to six months. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998.
Data security is of great importance to Physio Clinic London and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online. We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password-protected location. Only users authorised by us have access to this data. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information we hold is accurate. Any out-of-date data will be destroyed using reliable and secure methods. Individuals may request details of all personal information held by Physio Clinic London in order to verify that the information that is on record is correct. You should request this in writing to Physio Clinic London, Roman house, 296 Golders Green Road London NW11 9PY.
A cookie is a small text file sent by a web server and stored on your hard drive. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences and to help us analyse data about webpage traffic. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please request this in writing to Physio Clinic London Roman House 296 Golders Green Road London NW11 9PY. You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any discrepancies rectified. You can do this by written request to the address above.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.